FrancescoVini was established in 1977 initially as a small store front specializing in regional wines and deli meats. Founded by Francesco La Brusco from a local “vinaino” in the Santa Croce district, he transformed it into FrancescoVini, a local deli offering the best wines produced in the region of Tuscany and the most delicious homemade sandwiches. Francesco and his wife Annalise then transformed their deli into a beautiful neighborhood lunch spot and grocer, serving anything and everything the local Florentine families desired.
Thirty years later their son, Fabio La Brusco, decided to continue the family tradition by renovating the restaurant. He restructured the restaurant, expanding it to over four times the size, transforming it into one of the most beautiful restaurants in the historical city center. Elegance, tradition and quality remain the principles factors that have made FrancescoVini famous for over 30 years. Principles such as, fresh pasta, the best quality meats and delicious homemade dessert make up our one of a kind menu.
The passion for wine still remains one of the most important characteristics of FrancescoVini. Wines specifically originating from the Tuscan region, such as Chianti Classico, Nobile of Montepulciano, and Brunello of Montalcino, make up the extensive wine cellar. Restructured by the Peruzzi family in the 1400’s out of the ruins of the roman amphitheater located beneath the restaurant, it now services as the cantina, creating a wine list that offers more than one hundred labels for connoisseurs or wine lovers. With a menu filled with delicious Italian dishes, the cantina provides wines that will accompany in the best manner any dish at FrancescoVini.